You will be responsible for Compliance ensuring the company’s activities comply with FSC, and other overseas regulatory obligations. You will be expected to develop and maintain strong working relationships internally and externally as required. If you think outside the box, inspire transformation and are solution oriented, then we invite you to join our team. We work with leading financial institutions to deliver results. Leverage your knowledge and skills for more business successes, take up the challenge.
• Develop policies and procedures to monitor the relevant areas of the business.
• Develop an effective compliance training program, including appropriate introductory training for new employees as well as on-going training for all employees and managers.
• Carry out compliance sign off on advertising and marketing material.
• Update and regularly review compliance procedures, manuals and controls.
• Liaise and build relationships with the BVI FSC.
• Responsible for FSC submissions.
• Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develop / implement corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provide general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
• Maintain and review conflicts of interest logs.
• Provide reports on a regular basis, and as directed or requested, to keep the Corporate Committee of the Board and senior management informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts.
• Acting as the primary liaison with the sales team to ensure all relevant agreements, documentation and due-diligence questionnaires are completed in a timely manner and filed accordingly.
• Interpret regulatory rules and guidance and convey impact to the business.
• Maintain knowledge on regulatory issues, new legislation, company policies and products as appropriate.
• Respond promptly to complaints and enquiries and ensure they are dealt with effectively.
• Drafting new procedures as appropriate.
• Responsible for Market Abuse and Money Laundering controls and procedures.
• Preparing agendas and packs for board and management meetings.
• Responsible for reviewing corporate governance in line with regulations.
• Storing all documentation relevant to corporate governance e.g. correspondence between directors.
• Preparation of board packs for the bi-annual board meetings.
The above list is not an exhaustive list and you will be expected to carry out any other reasonable duties requested by your line manager/CEO.